The Children’s Rights and Business Principles (CRBP) are the first comprehensive set of principles to guide companies on the full range of actions they can take to respect and support children’s rights.
- Meet their responsibility to respect chiIdren’s rights and commit to supporting the human rights of children
- Contribute to the elimination of child labour, including in all business activities and business relationships
- Provide decent work for young workers, parents and caregivers
- Ensure the protection and safety of children in all business aclivities and facilities
- Ensure that products and services are safe, and seek to support children’s rights through them
- Use marketing and advertising that respect and support children’s rights
- Respect and support children’s rights in relation to the environment and to land acquisition and use
- Respect and support children’s rights in security arrangements
- Help protect children affected by emergencies
- Reinforce community and government efforts to protect and fulfil children’s rights
Concrete actions of our members on these principles can be mapped in 3 areas: the workplace (improve the well-being of their employees’ children), marketplace (respect the consumer rights of children) and community (empower children in their neighbourhood).